Notes are always crucial and help immensely when the exams are knocking at the door. This can be the secret behind your success depending on how seriously you make those notes and apply in the exam. For a successful outcome, one must use techniques that best suites ones way of studying and learning.
- One must identify the method of learning which works most; it may be audio, colours, maps, visuals etc. or a combination of these. Rely on those approaches which best helps in breaking down and memorising the information for applying in the coming exams.
- Grab the necessary supplies beforehand it makes easier to take notes and makes the whole process enjoyable.
- Keep notes short and simple with equations, abbreviations and symbols where needed. Avoid making notes lengthy and writing sentences.
Easy ways of taking notes
- For visual learners, adding charts and diagrams can help in retaining information visually better. Some others are there who prefer writing, reading or verbal learning. Without trusting on a single approach, relying on a combination of these techniques can be helpful.
- Scribble information like formulas, equations etc., on sticky notes or in some plain papers and stick it in the study corner or even can carry with yourself and can revise them in order to test yourself how well you can remember.
- Acronyms work great in case of chunking a series of related points but make sure to keep it simple.
- Try using mind maps, a diagram which represents tasks, ideas, words and other items. Mind maps help in visualization, structure, classify and to generate ideas and encourage in studying, writing, decision making, organization and problem-solving.
- It has been seen using coloured pens and highlighters for underlining and highlighting is one of the best way of categorizing information and helps in visual recalling during exams.
How you should target for preparation before tests?
- Try to go through all the chapters in the textbook and try to attend “medium” and “easy” practice tests and solve each and every practice problems. This will make the lessons clear and your curriculum will look easier to finish it down.
- Give a try for quick brush-up before exams.
- An organized way always helps.
Applying a study plan is not that easy especially before the peak hours of the exam with old lessons haunting, rest piling up, decreasing study hours as the exams are approaching, countdowns started, everything becomes a scary mess. To get rid of this, a little smart study plan is all you need.
Organizing your valuable time and making an effective study timetable is what you will hear everywhere!
For the one who is anxious regarding the forthcoming danger and being harsh on their nails, biting and chewing can check out the following simple study plan!
- Start your day early
Student often ignores their health and body clock and ends up waking up late at night to study and sleeps in the morning during their study leaves. This can break down your metabolism system and chances are there of you becoming sick. Start finishing your time table in advance, so that you get enough time to cover up everything and revise.
- Assign a distinct colour code for different subjects
It will make easier to identify and will make visually appealing creating a fair balance of all your subjects.
- Break down the whole syllabus in small achievable targets
Start from scratch. In a piece of paper, under a particular subject, make a note of a list of things that are needed to learn. This can cover all topics from that particular subject, chapters you have covered in tuition /class or yet to!
- Be specific, note down the exact exercise or page numbers of any subject textbook that you need to cover up or go through, leave no stones unturned to cover your entire timetable and reach at the end and have the feeling of confidence.
- Sketch a schedule
Doing this for each subject separately will make sure that you have traversed everything. Try to be realistic about the length of time needed for each exercise.
- Time allocation for breaks
Consider the break time as well, time spent on sleep and food. Everyone has their own style of doing things but taking a break of five to ten minutes at every hour rejuvenates well and boosts the mind.
Doing other things like pursuing your hobbies helps in reducing stress level and keeps happy and content from inside.
- Avoid monotonous schedules
Mix things, avoid studying a particular topic for hours, this makes the entire process boring. Mix your subjects and study portions which will prevent you from losing interests quickly and will not divert your mind. It has been noticed that people tend to be more productive in the mornings, give it a try to tackle several subjects during daytime or mixing them. Avoid sitting up studying particular subjects for 5 hours at a stretch.
- Don’t assume that your study timetables are impossible to change. While moving forward you may end up finding new ways to make it better. Be flexible to change it and work accordingly, ultimately attaining the goal matters. You are always welcome to add new things or make little modifications if things are a bit off or not working for you. It is recommended to take help of a pencil and use it.
Try to set a fixed time for studying every day, get into the habit, you will find things getting easier for you. Sit and think what classes you need to attend more and work out on the time you needed to fulfil them.
Always do remember, results are important for every exam as it shapes your career graph and makes your future better. Try to give your best and not to panic. Look at things in a positive way and with full confidence. There is absolutely no reason to fumble or feel lost for you.
Worried about your assignments and a pyramid of homework? Here are some tips for you
Every student gets Goosebumps when they look at their assignment and homework and gets even scarier when it comes to completing them, yet there are many reasons for leaving their work incomplete.
Some easy to follow steps are there, sticking to it will make you productive and will surely going to save you from making false excuses.
When you move to higher classes, your assignments and homework level also becomes high and you may feel difficult to deal with it.
It may be of a bunch of equations, theories or questions which bugs you, but with us, your homework or assignments can be done at much ease and effortlessly.
In recent times students are more into extracurricular activities and activities which engages their young minds most. After attending day-long lectures and attending sports classes such as football, Table tennis, baseball or maybe some extra scholarship classes, or doing your favourite French classes, after that coming back home and focussing on assignment and homework can be off bit strenuous. Researches reveal that such heavy homework load may cause exhaustion, stress, weight loss or other such diseases.
Doing smart works always deserves applause, try seeking help in some online platforms to get your homework done at the expected time, in order to get relieved from the additional stress of late submission.
This assignments and homework carry grades and everyone expects to submit perfect and correct work. All you can rely on experts who will take care of your assignment and homework in the finest way. Stay relaxed and stress-free. You will be getting enough time to spend with your friends and family or to catch your favourite series or can plan for some outing.
Online platforms can take care of your large assignments rapidly, though there are some other way as well-
- Time management is very crucial in today’s world, you can never get hold off the elapsed time, the more it gets elapsed the more grades slips out from you. Completing your homework in small portions according to time management will help in reducing your anxiety and stress. The work pressure gets reduced instead of piling up with days passing by.
Start working on your assignments the moment it is allotted to you. The best idea that works is that working on your homework the day it is allotted to you, so the next you may ask your professors if any query pops up in your mind; this saves time and prevents last day submission.
Online platforms save your valuable time as well, as experts from there solve and explain in the most effective and easiest way.
- The distraction-free environment is important. It was so common in school days solving maths homework while the T.V is still on with our favourite cartoon programs running, but now in university such thing does not exist, we are much accustomed to cell phone, a single beep in WhatsApp from our best ones can end up consuming our entire study time while our books remain wide open on one side, we should start realising an environment void of all distraction is utmost necessary.
Make your own study zone or workspaces to avoid such problems, where nobody can spoil your attention and peace or can become an object of distraction while you doing your homework. Being attentive is a vital key factor for completing your assignment and homework faster and correctly. Make your own comfort zone; this can help you in scoring good grades. Working on laptops in some in some isolated can save you from many distractions like classroom distraction, unnecessary noise or younger siblings creating a nuisance or troubling you.
- Start accepting your assignment and homework don’t wait till the deadline; consider it as your responsibility and part of your daily routine. Students have the tendency to save their homework until the submission date. This is one of the negative attitudes one holds towards their homework and results in trouble and fewer grades.
Anyone should hold a positive attitude towards their assignment.
Why waiting for the last day, why not start doing your assignments from today itself. It has to be done anyway, so changing the mindset can really help. On facing difficulties try taking help from your professors, friends, any expert or parents.
Finding solutions and working on your assignments will never let you down; it will always enrich you with knowledge.
- Jot down all your plans, unless and until you make a note of what are the things need to be done, you will not understand how it is going to work for you. It will help in accomplishing your assignment and homework in an organized way.
Execute your plans in a proper way so that it never disappoints you by your scores even after your seamless hard work.
Using a day planner may help you with planning and saving your work.
- Finally, tracking your progress will decide how successful you have managed everything, especially time management or working in a disturbance-free environment. And everyone should track it. As it is the only way to assess yourself, your learning methods and homework solving styles, and how effective it was. It will give you an idea, whether any change is needed in your study pattern. Taking help from any professional entity or online assignment solver is worthwhile.
Some other advantages include you will get to know the areas you are lagging and the portions that need special attention or how much more efforts needed to boost your grades. Once you are satisfied with your grades and it meets your expectations that all your plans are on the right path and working correctly.
Charles C.Y. Wang has a Ph.D. and an MA in economics from Stanford University with years of experience. Highly professional and he is an associate professor of business administration and also associated with a homework help website and has contributed to more than 500 assignments and actively engage in a student’s assignments and homework and explains them in the easiest way.